Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 1


"Hopkins"
8 x 10
Mixed Media on Illustration Board


Day 1.

This is my buddy Hopkins. Thanks for sending this Louu! This was a fun one. I used India Ink, Acrylic paint, and these cool ruby, sapphire and gold metallic paints on top of a newspaper collage. Happy with it for the time spent. If I were to do anything more I would do a subtle color wipe in the background or something abstract. Backgrounds are my Achilles. but that's what practice is for. Feedback is welcome :) Peace People!
( Click image for detail.)


3 comments:

  1. Gotta say I LOVE IT... not cuz it's of me but because it's dope as hell... love the use of newspaper clippings. also i like how the image from the newspaper photo allows the eye to dance around the painting... to me the newspaper clippings supply a great use of negative space within the image for the background....

    but for lack of better words I LOVE IT!!!! Gracias Senorita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous!
    I love the severe shadow over his eye. Makes him look mysterious.

    ReplyDelete